Welcome to InterNACHI South Africa’s free, online Residential Standards of Practice course!
Developed specifically for South Africa, this course is designed to review our residential South African Standards of Practice as it relates to performing a home inspection. It covers the various components and systems that should be inspected and those that need not be inspected. This class is free to InterNACHI members and non-members alike, and can be taken as often as desired with no penalty for failure. In keeping with our educational policies, this course counts 4 hours toward InterNACHI South Africa’s annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements
And, in keeping with InterNACHI’s commitment to Continuing Education, this course is open and free to all members, and can be taken again and again, without limit.
After successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- perform an inspection of a home according to the South African Residential Standards of Practice;
- define the systems and components of the Standards; and
- list and describe the systems and components of the Standards.
- Definitions and Scope
- Limitations, Exceptions, & Exclusions
- Roof Inspection
- Exterior Inspection
- Foundation and Structure
- Cellar, Under-floor Spaces & Structure
- Heating Systems
- Fireplace Inspection
- Cooling Systems
- Plumbing Inspection
- Roofspace Inspection
- Doors, Windows & Interior
- 4 CPD (or Continuing Education) credit hours;
- 75 quiz quizzes;
- 100-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
- instant grading; and
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion.