Free Inspector Education and Training for our members
Join InterNACHI South Africa as a full member
Join InterNACHI as a full Student Member
Courses specifically for South Africa
We will be creating more courses specifically for South Africa in the future, but it takes time. The courses below were written for North American and will vary in their degree of relevance to South African Inspectors. Please take time to look through them.
Other Inspection Courses
- Safe Practices for the Home Inspector
- How to Perform Roof Inspections
- Structural Issues for Home Inspectors
- How to Perform Exterior Inspections
- How to Inspect the Roofspace, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior
- Inspecting HVAC Systems
- How to Inspect Pools and Spas
- Log Home Inspection
- How to Inspect Septic Systems
- Green Building Inspection
- How to Perform Energy Audits
- How to Inspect for Moisture Intrusion
- Lead Safety for Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP)
- 25 Standards Every Inspector Should Know
- Customer Service and Communication for Inspectors
- Commercial Property Inspection Prerequisite
- Inspecting Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Inspecting Foundation Walls and Piers
- House as a System
- Residential Plumbing Overview for Inspectors
- Geyser Discharge Piping
- Defect Recognition/Report Writing Tutorial
- Code of Ethics Obstacle Course
- Residential Standards of Practice Quiz
- InterNACHI’s Inspector Examination
- Energy Movement
- Home Inspection Fundamentals: The Exterior VIDEO COURSES
- Introduction to Infrared Thermography
- Building Science and Thermal Imaging
- Performing a Home Energy Audit
- Advanced Mold Inspection Training
- Inspecting Geysers
- Advanced Stucco/EIFS Training
- Inspector Challenge Game MISCELLANEOUS EDUCATION
- Inspection-Related Article Library
- Inspector’s Quarterly
- Mastering Roof Inspections article series
- Inspection Graphics Learning Library
- Inspection Narrative Library
- Message Board
- Inspection Glossary
- Inspector Success Tips
- What Every Estate Agent Needs to Know About Inspections
60-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool)
Open to all
0 CE hours
Open to all
0 CE hours
5 hour video
178 downloadable pages of course material
Printable Certificate of Completion
5 CE hours
Open to all
8,000 editable narratives you can include in your reporting software.
Thousands of inspection terms
More than 175 business tips
- Most courses are free.
- The courses are written in pure XHTML code for quick loading. The courses load fine on old computers and load fast, even with dial-up.
- The courses are designed using hierarchal menu coupled with sequential page navigation. This provides the student with the option to easily repeat areas of weakness.
- The courses permit the student to start, stop and restart any part of the course as often as desired.
- There are a variety of images referenced within the courses, including diagrams, illustrations and pictures of actual defects.
- Some illustrations can be enlarged for clearer viewing by clicking on them.
- The text is integrated into InterNACHI’s Inspector Glossary. Rolling over blue-colored terms provides their definition.
- The final exam uses multiple-choice questions that reference the images.
- The courses’ quizzes and final exams have numerous advantages over traditional exam systems:
- The courses, quizzes and final exams incorporate built-in intelligence which identifies and strengthens each student’s unique subject weaknesses.
- Not only is each question weighted with regard to score, but each answer is weighted, as well as the correctness of each answer being weighted.
- Answers to easy questions are weighted such that the student is penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly, but rewarded modestly for answering correctly.
- Answers to difficult questions are weighted such that the student is rewarded, in terms of score, for answering correctly, but not penalized for answering incorrectly.
- Answers to questions regarding basic safety or questions every inspector should know the answer to are weighted to such that the student is severely penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly.
- Upon passing the final exam the student can print out a Certificate of Completion which is auto-generated in their own name.
- Online courses have many advantages over classroom courses.
- Veteran inspector speaks out about InterNACHI’s online courses.
- free, downloadable course materials (yours to keep);
- inexpensive online video class;
- free online final exam;
- free printable Certificate of Completion; and
- InterNACHI, MICB, IAC2, ASHI, and state Continuing Education approval.